Full text of "No Title"

(Message  576: 1098 bytes, New)
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 1994 07:52:56 -0400
To: heart@BBN.COM, astark@BBN.COM
From: Dave Walden <walden@labs-n.bbn.com>
Subject: message for katie
Cc: walden@labs-n.bbn.com
please pass this message to katie if she is still working
in your building this morning. if not, please tell me so
i can forward it to her in texas.
Katie,
The August issue of the Communications of the ACM has many
articles on the Internet. In particular, there is an 5
page "viewpoint" by Bob Kahn on "the Internet origins,"
"emergence of the operational Internet," and "issues for
consideration." In his first section he says "In a well-known
joint effort, circa 1973, Vinton Cerf and I collaborated on the
design of an internet architecture that would ... came to
be known as TCP/IP." This would seem to answer your question
from Monday.
Dave